Sunday, December 27, 2009

For the Love of Christ is the ONLY Reason!

So I have been struggling lately with wanting to go to church. It's not because I don't want to be there or because of my belief wavering or anything like that. I have a scalp problem which I am on prescriptions medicine for. Because of my condition I am losing some hair and the medicine is extremely oily and I have to put it on 4 times a day. So if I need to go out anywhere I have to wear a scarf or bandanna. This is embarrassing for me because I am very self conscious of how I look.
I had decided to not go to church until I was all done with this, I am sure my Heavenly Father would be ok with it, he is understanding. But when I was telling my sister about my decision, she told me not to let this stop me from doing the things that I love. I pondered that for quite a while.
I do not go to church because of the other people. I go to church because I love my savior! I go to church to learn about him and to learn to be more like him. I love my saviour with all my heart, he is the reason I go.
I know that Heavenly Father loves me and I know that he won't give me anything I can't handle. It's up to me how I take it, I can either get depressed and lock myself up so no can see me and possibly become an ugly person from this (on the inside) or I can better myself from it. Maybe it'll help me learn to not be so self conscious of other people and do things for me, not them. I went to church today with that perspective in mind, to go for myself and what a rewarding experience I had! Our lesson was actually about that too, so wonderful for me to hear, I loved it!!! I need to always remember to do things for my saviour and Heavenly Father, not for my own selfish desires or others.
I just want everyone to know that I love my Heavenly Father and my Saviour! I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church here on earth today. I know that families can be together forever and I love that! I always want to be with my family, that is such a comforting thing to know that I can. Our Heavenly Father loves us so much and wants us all to be with him again and can't wait to have us with him. Because of our saviour, Jesus Christ, we can return to him! He has pathed the path to help us get there, but it's up to us wither or not we will. He is my light in dark times, he has never forsaken me, I love him for that!
I leave this with you in the name of thy son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

***Christmas morning when I arrived at my sisters house, my mom, all my sisters, and my niece were wearing bandannas too! They showed me just how much they loved me by doing this, I love them so much for that! Thanks to my Heavenly Father I have a very loving and wonderful family who stands by me. They mean so much to me, I just love them!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Jamie, thanks for sharing!It is always good to share what you learn in life because sometimes others need to hear it-and I needed to hear that. What a beautiful testimony you have-keep letting it grow. And what a great thing your sisters and mom did to show you they love you. Sometimes it is nice to be reminded that you matter to others-and you do to them and to me. I love your big heart jamie and appreciate your example to always want to be better. Keep on doing the best you can and life will always be good. Love you and will email you soon!
    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete