Monday, December 21, 2009

Here Comes Santa!

*************************************************************************************

Christmas, as my little Ezzy keeps reminding me, is only 4 days away! Were did the time go? It seems like after Thanksgiving time just fast forwards to Christmas, not enough time to do everything you want to do. I am terrible when it comes to being organized with getting everything I want done. Like Christmas cards for example, I get them started every year, but I rarely ever finish them. But I did this year, they will be sent out tomorrow. Really late, I know, but it's the thought that counts and trying right! I hope everyone agrees with that, or I am in trouble.

*************************************************************************************

Every morning when Ezzy wakes up she has to take a chain off of her chain link for the Christmas count down, then she changes the number on our block one. She is so excited for Christmas and so are the boys. They keep talking about Santa and what he'll maybe get them. At the doctors today Cian informed the dr that he wants 2 transformers from Santa, I told him that he asked Santa for only one. He then said that "I changed my mind and Santa WILL bring me 2!" The dr just looked at me and started laughing, uh oh, what am I going to do now, I know Santa will only be bringing one for him. But that's ok, I'll just tell him that another little boy needed one too, it's not fair to have more than your share.

*************************************************************************************

This is our first year to actually be good with money and get kids nice gifts. But we just realized that we kind of went a little over board. I really get into the giving spirit and that wasn't so good this year. I don't want my kids to get a lot for Christmas and expect that every year. So next year we will be paying more attention to that. We only do three presents from Santa, but have never had to put a limit from Dad and Mom, but starting next year we will be. But we need to figure that one out now, so any suggestions would be nice.

*************************************************************************************

Every year we like to go pick out Christmas Angels, as we call them and let the kids help us choose gifts for them. This year however my sister was in need and we were able to help her family out. That was so fun to do! This year for Christmas I am making my family a Angel Jar to put extra money into through out the year. I am hoping that the kids will get involved with putting money in it and learn that giving is so much better than receiving. Next year I am hoping to be able to help three kids and then 3 seniors, that will be our goal. Who knows, maybe with the money jar we could do more, that would be great!

*************************************************************************************

This year we have discovered that Cian LOVES Santa! He ran right up to him both times that we've seen him. He even snuck a second turn at our ward party, not shy at all! Iollan was falling right behind his big brother, I don't think he really knew what was going on, but he was right there with his big brother! Ezzy on the other hand was shy and very reluctant to see him. It's so funny though because she is always talking about Santa and waves wildly at him, but when she gets to go see him, she gets shy and wants to hide instead. She did that both times we saw him. The first time she stood and talked to him from a safe distance. The second time she waited in a long line with all the other kids and then when it was finally her turn, she left and came to me instead. I was able to walk with her, reluctantly, and got her to stand by him for a picture, but I has to stay with her the whole time she said. Cian then ran up and sat on Santa's lap again to get his picture with Santa too! So someone fetched Iolly and we had an incomplete family picture with Santa, Dad was left out cause he was taking pictures too.

*************************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment