Monday, August 17, 2009

Camping is so much fun with soooo many little ones!!!

We went camping over the weekend with the family.  We had 10 kids all under the age of 7 there, what fun that was!  :)
The first night was extremely windy!  We thought that maybe a storm was coming, but alas it did not. That night we also celebrated Ezra's and Tauni's birthday.  I found the cutest cake at Walmart that was so appropriate for them.  The center was a small round cake decorated like a watermelon half with two ants on top of it.  That was surrounded by 10 cupcakes that looked like apples from the top.  I'll have to get pictures on here, but I need to get them from my mom first.
So anyways, we were suppose to go boating the next day, but it was too windy again.  But the kids had fun playing with each other and driving the adults nuts!  They really enjoyed collecting ladybugs, they were everywhere! Cian was collecting them and putting them in his frisbee, he had at least 5 in it.  He was so excited and showed it to me and then all of a sudden he threw it!  He wanted to see them fly I guess, lol.  Then Ezzy showed me her lady bug collection, in her pocket!  She wanted to take them home with her.  But I talked her into leaving them there at their home.  My kids are REALLY into bugs!  They are always collecting them and trying to bring them to me, I HATE bugs, seriously!  Iolly has started doing this too, the other day he tried to give me something that he picked up, but I realized he was saying erig (earwig) and pulled back my hand before it was too late.  So now they know that mommy is afraid and they just love to tease me about it. 
Our last day there was nice, so we went tubing!  I actually went out on the boat this year and helped Chet with the kids.....well, loading and unloading them on the tube that is.  Anyways, Ezzy wanted to stop immediately.  Then Cian went and rode for about 5 minutes (if that) and was done with it.  Then it was Iolly's turn, mind you he's only 2, and seemed to enjoy it.  However, when we pulled them in we realized he was actually asleep!  lol  That was soooo funny!  How do you fall asleep tubing?  What a crazy little boy.  :)
Then it was the adults turn to go, Chet talked me into riding with him (I don't like to tube) and guess what?  I  L O V E D   it!  Seriousl, it was great!  I can't wait to do it again next year, only I won't ride with Chet, I want to go by myself.
We left after that and went home.  It really was a fun little vocation, except for the bug bites.  Ezzy's poor little face was eaten up!  She has like 4-5 on the side of her face and then one on her cheek.  She is always complaining about it hurting, poor girl, wish that I could take those bites away.


*oh ya, a little side note.  So one of my sisters (not naming any names) was having a beer and relaxing.  Well her little boy came to her and asked for a drink and without thinking about it, she gave him a drink of her beer.  She then realized what she was doing and freaked out about it.  lol  She had been sharing drinks with him all day long and just wasn't thinking, it was funny!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment