Monday, February 8, 2010

Confused

So we went to the doctor about the possible miscarriage and he had me go get an ultra sound done. When they did the ultra sound, we discovered the baby to be only about 6 weeks along, not the 11 weeks we thought we were, or maybe still are. She did not detect a heart beat, but that could be just because it's barely at 6 weeks, maybe one more week it will. I was shocked by this discovery and cried in the bathroom while I was changing. We had to wait to hear from the doctor though and see what he thought. Is it actually possible that I could really be 5 weeks off? Is there a glimmer of hope in this? Am I a fool to believe so?
When the doctor finally did call, he felt maybe we should go ahead and do the D&C like we had discussed earlier, we do not want a repeat of last time if we can help it. But I asked him if it was at all possible to be 5 weeks off. So together we decided to wait one more week, if there is no heart beat at the next ultra sound, we will then do the D&C, if I do not miscarry before hand. This has brought back some hope, but deep down I am scared. Am I just prolonging this miscarriage? Should I just go ahead with the D&C? I am so very confused right now!
Is a little bit of hope, one I'm not even sure I believe, worth all this? What if because I am indeed miscarrying and it repeats like last time, but I have no one around? I have my sister next door, but what if I pass out before I can call her? There is so many what ifs, it makes me wonder if I really am making the right decision here. I need to ponder and pray about this some more tonight, maybe ask for another blessing for guidance. I just feel really lost right now.
Why is it that I never felt pregnant until just this weekend? I have had no morning sickness at all, then on Friday it hit me. I've felt nauseous and sick all weekend, still do. Why would I feel that way if I was indeed miscarrying, usually I feel just fine when I have. I usually get sick starting around 6-7 weeks into the pregnancy, is that why I started my symptoms this weekend? I honestly don't know what to think anymore! Even a little bit of hope is better than none, right?! Or is it that false hope, could hurt more in the end?!
Writing all this down helps me, so sorry to those of you who do not care to read this, but it does help me out.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, a little bit of hope is better than none! Hang in there, mama! Miracle happen all the time.

    ReplyDelete