Thursday, September 3, 2009

Scripture for the day:


Alma 37:35-37
35 O, remember, my son, and learn wisdom in thy youth; yea, learn in thy youth to keep the commandments of God.
   36 Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doing be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.
   37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.



I chose these scriptures because they go with my favorite hymn; Families Can Be Together Forever
When my sister passed away, I was lost at what happens to people when they die.  I was talking to my friend about it and she suggested that I talked to the missionaries.  The first set did not work out, but the second set were awesome!  Their first lesson for me was about the plan of salvation.  The spirit was so strong that I already knew that it was true, I loved it!  I knew about the church, I was even going to young women's before hand.  But I never really investigated into it till my sister passed away.  This song has so much meaning to me, I know that I can and will see my sister again, and that her wonderful children will get to be with her once again!   I love the plan of salvation!  I love my Heavenly Father, and I love my savior, Jesus Christ!  Because of him we can be reunited with our Heavenly Father!  I love the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!  I love the scriptures, they give us so much knowledge and guidance to help us draw near unto our Heavenly Father, who loves us and wants us to have him in our life!  I love being able to have the Holy Spirit be with us at all times.  Thank you Heavenly Father for guiding us and showing us our way, thank you so much.  I leave these things with you in the name of thy son, Jesus Christ.  Amen

Make a family objective to all be together in the 
celestial kingdom.  Strive to make your home a little
bit of heaven on earth so that after this life is over, 
you may be able to say:
    We are all here!
   Father, mother, sister, brother,
     All who hold each other dear.
   Each chair is filled---
   We're all at home....
   We're all--all here
(Ezra Taft Benson, Ensign, November 1981, p. 107
{found this in a new book I just started to read,
Raising Up A Family To The Lord})





No comments:

Post a Comment