Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Talk With Cian's Tummy! :)

So Cian has this thing about his tummy talking to him lately, the other kiddoes do it too sometimes, but Cian is a daily thing. Today I fixed peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch and I let them have some marshmallows to go with it. Cian absolutely LOVES marshmallows, so he was excited! He ate all his food right up and then asked for more marshmallows, I told him only 10 more (they are the little ones) and if he was still hungry he needed to eat another half of a sandwich. This is the conversation that followed:

Cian: "Mr. Tummy says he isn't hungry for more sandwich, he only wants more marshmallows, lots of marshmallows!"

Me: "I'm sorry Cian, but I said you can only have 10 more marshmallows and another half of a sandwich if you are still hungry."

Cian: "But Mommy, Mr. Tummy says ONLY more marshmallows and lots of them ONLY!"

Me: "Well (bending down to Cian's level), Mr. Tummy, I am Mommy and I said that Cian needs to eat more sandwich if he is still hungry. Too many marshmallows can make him sick and I don't want him sick, so please listen to me ok"

Cian: "Mr. Tummy says ok Mom. I will eat just 10 marshmallows and no more, ok Mommy. "

Me: "Thank you Cian, that makes me happy when you listen. Love you!" {wink}

Cian: {wink} "Love you too Mommy!"



Kids have such fun imaginations, I just love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment